Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Live: Clemson at Liberty 1st half

10:16 a.m. "You are looking live at Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia..." Sorry, Brent Musberger, I've always wanted to say that.

10:17 a.m. Game went live with the one-liner of "You gotta love a train" by the analyst. This will be fun.

10:19 a.m. 11-1 Clemson start. Can Bobo Baciu get in the game now?

10:20 a.m. "David Potter is a poor man's Allan Houston." Who is doing the color analyst?

10:21 a.m. Crap, Potter just hit another three (that's three). I mean, this guy is a poor man's Allan Houston!

10:22 a.m. Seth Davis already with the Tweet of the Morning. "I got 10 bucks that says @ESPNAndyKatz is asleep on his couch right now in a snuggie."

10:24 a.m. 22-5 Clemson. Potter is a poor man's Rotnei Clarke right now.

10:27 a.m. Just realized that this game has a lot of firsts for me in this game. Happy to say I was the first national writer to scribe about Clemson's Trevor Booker, Andre Young, Tanner Smith, David Potter, Noel Johnson, Milton Jennings, Liberty's Carter McMasters and Jesse Sanders. Someone give me a cookie. Or a gold star.

10:28 a.m. Cool story on Liberty's Sanders - he played for a home school team in Houston. My man Jim Hicks of the Recruiter's Cheat Sheet swore up and down to me that he was a player. He'll be a big player this year at Liberty.

10:30 a.m. Evan Gordon, Eric's little brother, is at the foul line. I'll be honest, never knew this is where little Gordon ended up.

10:31 a.m. Full warning - if you text me or call me today, good chance I'll use it in the live blog. You've been given fair warning and I hope you bring it today.

10:36 a.m. Right on cue, got a commitment call. Santoine Butler to Gardner-Webb. Blog on pause.

10:53 a.m. Back. Butler to Gardner-Webb. I love DVR. Let's catch up, shall we?

10:58 a.m. I love watching Clemson’s point guard Andre Young. He is one of my favorite players I’ve covered in Georgia. He is one of the top competitors I’ve ever covered and a guy that defied all of the small player odds that were stacked against him. He played at a very small school in Albany (Deerfield Christian) and won, won, won there. He and current Georgia starting point guard Dustin Ware faced each other time and time again for the championships and developed into one of the best rivalries in Georgia’s storied history for high school hoops.

11:01 a.m. Trevor Booker is a monster rebounder. Sheesh.

11:02 a.m. All of the games are promoting the new ESPN encyclopedia and more times than not, I’ll probably be my usual ornery self and make a smart-alecky statement about the promotion but the book is amazing. Truly amazing. If you are a hardcore hoops fan, add this book to your Christmas list. The book is full of gold.

11:04 a.m. Adrian Branch is doing some recruiting for Liberty. Talking about out of conference schedule, the A.D. baking cookies, intimate atmosphere in Lynchburg. This is disturbing.

11:06 a.m. Caught up on the DVR. Which brings me to this question - is DVR one of the top 5 greatest inventions this century? Clemson 42, Liberty 19.

No comments:

Post a Comment