Saturday, August 15, 2009
Class of 2011 rankings: 11-15
The rankings fun continues with the class of 2011. Today, we unveil 11 to 15.
11. Johnny O’Bryant, PF, Cleveland (Miss.) East Side (pictured) – Relentless worker and high energy big man. He’s a major match-up problem because of his skill inside and out. He’s still trying to find his basketball voice but the end product is what has all of the elite programs excited.
12. Adonis Thomas, SF, Memphis (Tenn.) Melrose – Meet the nation’s top defender in the 2011 class. He has a great body and natural strength. Has a chance to play at the highest level because of his smarts, work ethic, defensive approach and upside as an offensive player.
13. Damien Leonard, SG, Greenville (S.C.) J. L. Mann – See Ray Allen. Leonard has one of the prettiest strokes in all the land. He’s a sniper from deep and his range almost seems endless in the halfcourt. Very smart guard with a very bright future.
14. LaQuinton Ross, SF, Jackson (Miss.) Murrah – Was hyped early as the “it” guy by yours truly. And there were times where he was legitimately one of the top three players in the country. But the passion has fizzled and the effort almost non-existent. Too much too early? Maybe. But when he’s at the top of his game, Ross is down right deadly.
15. Michael Chandler, C, Indianapolis (Ind.) Lawrence North – Huge prospect inside the paint, one of the biggest and more skilled players at his position nationally. Huge upside to boot. Should be a name to watch for the pros.
COMMITTED TO LOUISVILLE
Class of 2011 rankings: